linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Friday, April 26, 2013

Bareback.

 
Yesterday evening I went on a quick ride.  Just a quick flick of the curry comb - as Brownie's got his winter coat flying everywhere - and on with his bridle.  I love riding bareback, and I've been trying to squeeze in time for as many quick evening jaunts as I can.  Spring is careening into view, and it's such an awesome way to get out and soak in the late-slanting rays of Spring sunshine.

However, this time, I did something different - I've been wanting to do this ever since I got my Nikon, and it's taken me ten months to finally work up the nerve.  I think the sacred aura that's surrounded Algy is finally wearing into a more comfortable groove, and though heaven forbid I ever get careless around my precious camera, I think I'm growing in confidence and there are so many shots I've been dreaming of capturing that just seemed too far out before.

Like loping horseback down a country road, right there where you can almost feel the rippling, fluid muscles beneath you, feel the wind in your hair, see mane go flying with each stride forward.  See your twin shadows go racing alongside like birds in flight.
Feel the power and sheer joy of a horse.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. These all capture perfectly that wonderful feeling of freedom and power you have while riding. I'm so glad you had a good ride, and that you brought Algy along. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too:) Thanks, dear! And we definitely need to go out together sometime soon...

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! My girl is just crazy about horses, so we've been reading more about them and she's gone to a camp to learn about horses. This post reminds he of her and her joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! I'm excited for her opportunity to go to a horse camp - I was thirteen when I joined 4-H, and it was one of the best experiences of my life:)

      Delete
  3. What fun riding and capturing the beauty along the way! Finally the weather has changed for you to enjoy the freedom and serenity that comes from just Brownie and Algy and the north Idaho springtime! A battery re-charge after so many hours pouring over matching chevron skirt stripes and other complicated details of the fabulous new line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's the best battery charger ever. I'm SO happy to get out on the sunshine at last!

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures! I've actually NEVER ridden a horse, I wouldn't know the firs thing! But it looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie! If you ever get the chance, you should absolutely go riding some day. It is truly lovely:) Better yet, come visit me and we'll go together!

      Delete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...