linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Rhythm You Started


It's hard to say, because I absolutely love each design in my skirt collection and have put a bit of myself into every one, but I think this design is my personal favorite.  For one thing, it's in my very favorite color.  Then, it's chevron.  Chevron is the Bomb!  Plus, pleats.  It is impossible to argue with pleats.  The intricate geometric pattens that emerge when chevron and pleats collide is irresistible.
Add de-liciously deep pockets and that pert bow...

When all of these elements coincide, I think it is safe to label the resulting concoction perfection in a skirt.

I nearly fell over when the first two tulle skirts flew off the shelves!  I always find myself flabbergasted, thrilled, and vociferously cheering on the individual who joined me on my journey each and every time I'm given a sale.  (Sometimes I jump up and down in my chair ridiculously, too, but we won't go there, will we?)  I don't think that feeling will ever grow stale.  I also get that feeling every time I interact with all of you through a comment or email - I can't tell you how much actually connecting with you means to me.  It's such a tremendous privilege.

Speaking of tulle skirts, one of my relatives (not naming names) has decided to call them spider-getter-tool skirts.  I suppose along the lines of a feather duster?  Anyway, it cracked me up.  Who knew those delightful garments were so useful?

May I talk about this song for a moment? (be sure to start the music player up at the top of the post.)  It makes me so very happy.  Sophie Madeline is a genius on the ukulele.

There are people in my life because of whom the rhythm that beats in my heart will never be the same.  But when I listen to this song (over and over and over again, it seems), the first thing that comes to mind is Someone, my Saviour, who took the beat of my heart and forever replaced it with melodies indescribably beautiful.  I love that imagery.



Grass Green Chevron Skirt // Kellie Falconer Design
Chambray blouse/sunglasses/ruffle tee //  thrifted
Hot air balloon pendant // Dondalee's
Oxford heels // famous footwear

10 comments:

  1. The skirt is beautiful; I think it's my favourite, too, although I of course prefer the blue and white version. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the blue and white is definitely you:) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Chevron is THE BOMB! You said it! The unique aspects of your design here are the pleats and removable bow! Those two elements set your skirt apart from so many others in Pinterest and on fashion blogs. It is chic, trendy, and lends itself to a variety of ways to use it. The chambray blouse with pearl buttons is so fun, but at the same time, perfect for showing off the lovely green pattern of the skirt. All of the new skirts are fabulous in your newest line, but this one is, like you said, might be the cat's Meow!!What a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I was aiming for. Your feedback is fabulous, as always! <3

      Delete
  3. Ohhh I really like this outfit, it's really Sping-y<<<if that's a word! And the song is so beautiful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most certainly a word:) Isn't it? Thanks for stopping by, Liza!

      Delete
  4. We just awarded you over at our blog!!
    You can view it here: http://boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com/2013/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE the color and chevrons and pleats and bow and... *sigh* everything about this skirt. It's beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...